Monday, July 9, 2018

Prepping For Future Train Shows

I'm modifying some domino* benchwork sections for displaying the WFS at train shows and at home. The first bench section is completed, and the second section is sitting on top of it. The domino legs have been shortened from 48 inches tall to 30 inches tall, and leg pockets are being added to the boxes. The previous leg arrangement had screws securing the legs to the sections. The pockets will allow quick assembly without the need for screws or bolts.

The 30 inch leg height is the height of the table I used at the last train show where the WFS was on display. I find it is easier to manage the layout in a sitting position. My back isn't working the way it used to, and standing for 6-8 hours takes its toll. This height also works well for young children to be able to see the layout. The nice thing about the leg pockets is that I can make leg sets in various heights. A flexible system!!

I'm hoping to attend some train shows in the near future.





*I'm using David Barrow's domino construction method for the leg pocket assemblies. His domino benchwork method has been covered extensively in past issues of Model Railroader Magazine from Kalmbach Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment